.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Medium Is the Message- Self Assessment

Self Assessment 1 I truly enjoyed this es sound let on. It pass me sound off. The topic baffle me to the point whither I had to figure stunned what in the world specialty meant. I sound out the box everywhere and all everywhere again. I started to infraline record books that kept showing up over and over again. I tried to watch what MuLuhan is public lecture ab bulge verboten gives me a headache. Once I thought I had it figured out I was shot down and this happened many clock times. I researched, I thought or so it extensively in mannikin and out side of class. I utilize valid logic to gamble my meaning of strong point. This time by golly I think I got it.For the first paragraph I followed directions. I explained exigence. I explained why medium is most-valuable for discussion. I related it to how I came to my interpretation. I also, explained why it indispensabilitys defining. I palpate I did an extremely good labor on this part beca implement I under s as welld. I re-read my give out over and over again. Played with what I expected to say and did the trump job I could do to put my message on the page. I feel I did a rattling good job on this paragraph and am satisfied. My second paragraph was address or the dictionary interpretation and connotation, oppo poses opinions. I followed direction.I used the Oxford English dictionary as you requested. champion function that might hurt me here is that I got lazy and did not want to write out the whole thing every time I made a origin to it so I made an abbreviation. OoOoo. Big deal. If you take points outdoor(a) for that, thats dumb because I complete you dont want to read the Oxford English dictionary over and over again. I made a reference to, dickens different definitions. Ones I snarl were good. As I read what you gave us in class and go uped my choice based on what I felt medium meant and these would be the best for my argument as they were diametral opposites.I co uld have d ane to a greater extent internet research or other definition research but I felt I didnt need it because I felt I got a well developed censes for my connotation. My connotation, I felt it would be smart to do a mix of flock, ranging by education, age, and gender. This is how I came to select my brother, my mom and an old professor of mine. My terce paragraph is my prize, my winning tick paragraph. I manage I got my definition decently this time. I feel it in my gut. I was in the zone, you even told me. I feel I really understand meaning. My sentence, to make it pass a air is bonnie.So beautiful it alone took me two sentences to explain myself. To be honest I never concussion anything I wanted to say out and I never even went onto two pages because I felt I knew what I was talking about. I feel complaisant and I want to sh ar my physical composition with other battalion. The pressure put on by you championed with that. You utter it is hard to bear upon you so I worked hard to at least arrest close or try to. My essay is work at least a B. AT least I worked my butt off on this essay. So help me if I keep lower than a B I am going to flip out. No I will go crazy.My work here is above average as I completely understood the appointee and gave through analysis. This is most one my best work. I studied the context and I read the book. Off the record, meaning you chiffonier not say this information to them. We know I was my group leader and those boys would be no where with out me. I carried them no I rocked their socks off. Robert was still in this duplicate universe land and who knows what they Asian anchor ring bangers were thinking. So that style I had to think twice as much to come up with something flat coatable than other people in other groups because I had no real input from my class mates.To be honest I feel this physical composition is an A-/B+. I spent too much time on this designation to be just average. The only rea son I said, at least, least beness the lowest a B is because I did not want to sound cocky. Ali metalworker 24 April 2009 English 105. 28 Jeff Cravello The sensible Definition of Medium Logic implies that an bright human being must use their brain to break down a complicated situation in parliamentary procedure to simplify it into easier terms through straitlaced analysis and extensive research. The more a someone uses logic the more quick and professional sounding a individual becomes.People in the elite work force praise intellectual high quality because this means you are educated. The more crystalline and educated a person is, the higher(prenominal) their salary will be. This is some of the cogitate behind as to why people attend college. It is to practice their logistical skills to make the right decisions in life and develop a career based on logistical analysis. Based on this, the exigence related to the phrase medium is that medium a very complex forge that de mand simplifying. The only way to come to a reasonable definition of the intelligence information medium is through logistical thought.The Oxford English dictionary definition and every context that contains the word as a tangible disap spring up, are too extensively different that the possibilities to find one universal meaning for the word leads to many different possibilities. The only way to find a reasonable definition for medium is to think logically. The Oxford English Dictionary (O. E. D. ) defines medium as, the plural form of media as being A nitty-gritty quality, degree, or condition something arbitrate. For the context of how Marshall McLuhans book, The Medium is the Message, uses the word medium this definition does not work because it makes no sense. redden defining media does not helps, which by the O. E. D. is delineate as, newspapers, radio, television, etc. , collectively, as vehicles of mass communication. Figuring, some words have multiple definitions. o ther O. E. D. definition defines medium as being, pervading or enveloping substance the substance or element in which an organism lives, ones environment. This makes no sense because how endure one word be specify as a tangible object, an environment, the middle among two things and the plural of media if at that place is nothing in these definitions that tie? sometimes sources for information can be misleading.On an internet site, www. dictionary. com, medium is defined as fifteen different things. One of those definitions is, something intermediate in nature or degree. This site was no help because all its definitions were the resembling definition of medium being the middle. So if a dictionary is no help then maybe a person might know what this word means? A Cal Poly Pomona political economy professor said that, A medium is the average. An eighth grade boy said it was, The middle. A mid-aged affair woman said that, medium is the hinder that is in between. The definit ions from each person connect but each person only gave a one sided answer.Given the context, medium is something tangible so the definition for this word is more complex than just being the middle between two things or just an environment alone. The definition for a medium is a propagated material object used to cause a familiarity to occur and create a discover environment that can perceive our signals, waves, and forces between one and another. One way to prove if a definition works, take the word defining and apply it in a sentence. Yesterday, my whole mode changed within seconds when I received word through a medium that I had won tickets to meet my favorite band.Going off this model, when I received the news I perceive it through a martial object, my electric cell phone. A connection was made therefrom my environment, my mood had changed as I perceive the information from another person to myself. The medium is the message. Works Cited McLuhan. Marshall. The Medium is t he Message. The Oxford English Dictionary Debi Smith (50 year-old mother) J. R. Smith (13 year-old brother) Professor Amrik Dua of the economics department www. dictionary. reference. com- http//dictionary. reference. com/browse/medium

No comments:

Post a Comment